Would you like your screams to be heard? Then head over to Home Media Magazine’s website and cast your vote for this year’s Reaper Awards. Co-presented by DreadCentral, The Reaper Awards honor the best horror and thriller titles of the past year on DVD and Blu-ray. To be eligible for the 2014 awards, titles must have been released between August 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014.
Nominees were submitted by participating studios and fans can select their favorites from several titles in each of twelve categories:
- Choice Theatrical Cut (8 nominees including Paranormal Activity the Marked Ones, Insidious Chapter 2 and Carrie)
- Best Limited Release/Direct-to-Video Title (16 nominees including Afflicted, Big Bad Wolves and Fright Night 2)
- Best Title from the Vault (7 nominees including Halloween 35th Anniversary Edition, Sleepaway Camp Collector’s Edition and Day of the Dead Collector’s Edition)
- Best Collection (3 nominees: The Vincent Price Collection, The Walking Dead Season 3 and True Blood Season 6)
- Best Indie or Foreign Disc (10 nominees including Absence, Stage Fright and Europa Report)
- Best Extras (8 nominees including The Walking Dead Season 3, World War Z and Day of the Dead Collector’s Edition)
- Best Box Art (10 nominees including Europa Report, Sleepaway Camp Collector’s Edition and True Blood Season 6)
- Best Packaging (3 nominees: The Walking Dead Season 3 Zombie Head Tank, Predator 3D Limited Edition Predator Head and V/H/S 2 Blu-ray/VHS Combo Pack)
- Best Big Bad (6 nominees including The Zombies from World War Z, Gerri from Fright Night 2 and Milo from Bad Milo)
- Best Scream Queen/King (6 nominees including Guy Getting Penis Bitten Off from Bad Milo, Chrissy Goldberg from Return to Nuke Em High Vol. 1, and Lucy from In Fear.
- Best Kill (5 nominees including scenes from Joy Ride 3: Roadkill, V/H/S 2 and Stage Fright)
- Best Line of Dialogue (4 nominees including quotes from Bad Milo, True Blood Season 6 and Joy Ride 3: Roadkill)
If you believe a title is missing from a category, it may be because a studio did not submit it for consideration. However, each category includes a blank field to enter un-nominated titles.
At the end of the ballot is a blank field to enter what you think is the best Horror/Thriller title of the past year. Results of consumer ballots will be combined with the selections of a judging panel of horror experts and home entertainment reviewers to select the Title of the Year. Winners will be announced October 27.