Song of Horror is a psychological horror adventure. Face the manifestations of the Presence, an unpredictable, eldritch AI that reacts to your way of playing: you won’t experience two exact gameplays.
Death is permanent: you may die, but the horror continues.
Beware the shadows and the darkness which seem silent. Beware the closed doors, the whispering mirrors. Beware the Song of Horror that nests in the cracks of your mind.
The famed writer Sebastian P. Husher has gone missing, along with his entire family. Worried, his editor sent an assistant to his house in order to look for him – but he never came back.
These disappearances spark a set of events that will soon reveal something dreadful: a nameless, dark entity known only as The Presence seems to be responsible – and it’s still somewhere, out there, lurking in the shadows, waiting for you. You may die, but the horror continues – others will pick the investigation up from where you left it until you all find out the origin of The Presence and put an end to this nightmare.
As the trailer says you can play with 13 different characters and experience 13 different perspectives with no set of gameplay being the same twice. Here are some other things you can expect from Song of Horror.
– Investigate a paranormal mystery in a thrilling story of psychological horror
– Beware The Presence, an otherworldly entity with its own AI that reacts to your actions and decisions in a non-scripted, unpredictable horror experience
– Choose between a group of unique characters: each one brings its own point of view and has a different relation to the story and other characters
– You may die, but the horror continues: death is permanent – when a character dies, it’s gone…but the next one will follow the investigation from where the deceased left it. The world will be shaped by their previous actions.
– Explore haunted, sinister locations to gather clues and items that will help you solve challenging puzzles while enduring the agonizing tension of the game’s atmosphere
Check out the trailer below along with a few stills. Song of Horroris available for purchase on October 31st just in time to make your Halloween night creepy AF.
Youtube Channel Max Horror has almost 60 minutes of gameplay you can check out before you decide whether or not you want to get creeped out.