Grab your sleeping bag and head to Camp Crystal Lake because the first officially licensed ‘Friday the 13th’ board game has arrived.
“Horror at Camp Crystal Lake” features your choice of six Camp Counselors, inspired by a cast of infallible horror film characters:
- The Final Girl: With or without tousled hair, this figure isn’t new to being the last one standing
- The Partier: Ironically too preoccupied to follow rules, but keen to make sure heads won’t roll
- The Nerd: Awkward and resourceful makes for resilient sidekicks who don’t get in the way
- The Jock: A gift of brawn to brain, it’s always an athlete who steps in to settle a physical score
- The Diva: Get past the sass and fussiness comes in handy when it’s time to improvise
- The Nice Guy: Whose strangely comforting purpose is to just make sure everyone is okay
Check out the gameplay trailer below that will guide you through how to properly go camping. Here is a brief description of what the game will entail.
Reach into a closed Camp Bag to secure an ax, keys, cleaver, gas tank, flashlight, or frying pan and keep them on you at all times But be careful, Jason Tokens that represent his encounters are also inside, and ending up with two of them drops the proverbial hammer on your place in the game. Players continue stockpiling Supply Tokens, backstabbing fellow counselors with Fear Cards, and vying for additional bonuses until one person makes it through with the most points.
Every turn gives you the choice to draw from the camp bag, put a card into play, or return to the cabin where you can safely bank points (or others can pull you out to continue the fight). Just hope that you have the Escape Tokens to fend off Jason and make it out alive.